Hi, how are you up in the UK? Hope everything is fine.
Last night I went to the Australian Festival of Chamber Music's "Governor's Gala" concert. I think the last indoor orchestra concert I went to would be the Big Band workshop that we attended with the Choir Club. Anyway, after waiting for numerous red lights at 60km/hr road, I reached there just in time as the door person said, because if I was late by a minute, they would not allow me in. And surely, by the time I reached my seat, the show started, and only the music filled up the theatre.
The Australian Chamber Music and Queensland Symphony Orchestra worked together and brought six pieces of great music. The night showcase incredible chemistry and understanding between the chamber musicians who are the soloist, and the chamber musicians and the symphony orchestra. A note from the piano, responded by a note of the cello, and then the violin, and then perhaps the trumpet, or the orchestra. Sometimes repeating, sometimes loud, sometimes soft as if they are whispering, different voices singing to each other, telling a story.
The list of the pieces are as followed if you are interested: -
- Beethoven - Concerto for Violin, Cello and Piano in C major Op.56
- Jack Liebeck (Violin) , Louise Hopkins (Cello) , Danny Driver (Piano) , Johannes Fritzsch (Conductor) , Queensland Symphony Orchestra (Group)
- The chemistry between the the three soloist is great!
- Bruch - Concerto for Clarinet, Viola and Orchestra in e minor Op.8
- Michael Collins (Clarinet) , Rivka Golani (Viola) , Johannes Fritzsch (Conductor) , Queensland Symphony Orchestra (Group)
- I felt like I was entering Hayao Miyazaki's world when the clarinet played.
- Zemlimsky - Six Maeterlinck-Lieder by Jard van Nes
- Lisa Gasteen (Voice - Soprano) , Johannes Fritzsch (Conductor) , Queensland Symphony Orchestra (Group)
- It is the 6th version they said. It sounded sad with the strong rounded voice, and ended in a soft note.
- Ravel - Tzigane
- Philippe Graffin (Violin) , Johannes Fritzsch (Conductor) , Queensland Symphony Orchestra (Group)
- Excellent violin playing. 3 rounds of encore!
- Coates - Saxo-Rhapsody
- Amy Dickson (Saxophone) , Johannes Fritzsch (Conductor) , Queensland Symphony Orchestra (Group)
- The more contemporary bluesy feel, sounds like a romantic christmas night.
- Elgar- Introduction and Allegro for Strings Op.47
- Goldner String Quartet , Johannes Fritzsch (Conductor) , Queensland Symphony Orchestra (Group)
- Strings rules. Noticed the soloist are always more expressive!
J, honestly there were times that my mind wanders as the music played, whether it was the instrumental music that lead my mind to wander, or rather I have shorter attention span now? The other thing I've noticed was when the music played, I felt warmth, and once the music stopped, I felt coldness running through my body while the clapping burst to the scene, whether that's chicken bump, or just the winter coldness that was more noticable after the music finished.
So that was my Saturday weekend night. How about yours?
Looking forward to hear from you. Take care.
So that was my Saturday weekend night. How about yours?
Looking forward to hear from you. Take care.
Cheers,
jyc

No comments:
Post a Comment