Sunday, August 30, 2015

Stood up

Dear YR,

       For two consecutive weekend, I have been stood up. Why is this happening? Is it because I am a pushover? I have given them the opportunity to excuse themselves by saying that I have other things to do too, that I have not purposely travel all the way for 1.30hr just to meet them.

       It is upsetting that when I have put in effort to treasure the opportunity to meet again, but the other person does not reprocicate. If I put myself in other person shoes, I do understand the feeling of not wanting to meet up but not wanting to feel guilty of getting out of the promise that one make. Hence my reply is always no worries, next time then.

         Perhaps it just means that the meeting was not meant to be. No matter how hard I try, if the other person does not appreciate it, it won't work and it cannot be forced. The most important thing is that I tried, and there's no regret on my side. And I did have a good time by myself or doing other things. :)

                                            Jyc


No comments:

Post a Comment