Dear W,
It was an exhausting week, hence I lazed at home whole day, watching Wong Fu Productions which are quite cool, funny and sometimes sentimental. My housemates probably thought I had gotten crazy laughing in front of the TV or computer. I came across Wong Fu Productions before, but only saw a few random clips.
It was a breath of fresh air seeing Asian Americans starring as main characters, as it is still not common in English language based films. For example, Harry Shum Jr who is a supporting character in Glee, is a star of his own when starring in these Wong Fu Productions, showcasing his actor side instead of the usual dancing side we see in Glee. This shows it is all about opportunity that makes the difference. And I think Wong Fu Production is giving that opportunity to Asian Americans, and also allow communication across race and cultures.
To clarify, Wong Fu productions is not exclusively being all about Asians. There are plenty of characters of different races, depending on the content of the story, which I think is great! Many parts of the world is getting more multicultural than what normal television depicts on. It is only when we travel, see it with our own eyes, that we understand regardless of our race and cultures, we are all human beings, living in this earth, facing the same daily life dilemmas. And it is the good story, that makes the difference of a good video/film.
Another thing, a story or a film tells us so much about a writer/director. Some of the Wong Fu drama productions are quite sentimental and personal, and one would guess that the writer must be one emo- romantic guy. Well, usually it is the genuine personal stuff, that touched the viewer's heart, as they could relate to it more. No?
Anyway, W, I have subscribed Wong Fu production youtube channel, my first youtube channel subscription. If you want to have a good laugh, perhaps you should give it a try too.
Cheers,
jy
No comments:
Post a Comment