Friday, September 2, 2011

Music

Dear M,

            Today, a long lost ex-housemate sent me a video of her covering a song.
            Come to think of it, all of my housemates/ex-housemates have genuine love for music, either singing or music instrument playing. And the love of music bridged us, who had different personalities. I remember the days where we watched American Idol together, prepare for singing competitions, karaoke singing, and the sing-a-long sessions with guitars and keyboards.
            For me, music/singing is a medium of emotion expression, and I've alway appreciate good music. Years ago, E said that my eyes lightened up when we planned to go karaoke. And when I didn't have a keyboard, my fingers always longed the touch of the piano keys.
            As I aged, I listened to the lyrics harder. Sometimes it's difficult to get good combination of both, and usually the nature of the melody will win listener's heart first as it does come down to the music. But a meaningful lyrics will have lastening effect too, it's just too bad if the music is not as good.
           She asked whether I still sing. And frankly, I don't think we will ever stop singing wherever we go. This life needs music for joy or sorrow, and to go on. 
                     
                                                                                                           jy
          

No comments:

Post a Comment